Je me la pète en FLAT-BMW Index du Forum

Je me la pète en FLAT-BMW
BMW Bikes aficionados

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Sickophant - BMW 2007 HP2 MegaMoto - Australia

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Je me la pète en FLAT-BMW Index du Forum -> Welcome -> Je me présente
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Sickophant

MessagePosté le: Mer 4 Avr - 10:28 (2018)    Sujet du message: Sickophant - BMW 2007 HP2 MegaMoto - Australia Répondre en citant

Hello, an introduction please.

I haven't been more pleased with a motorbike then when I opted for a secondhand HP2 MegaMoto.

Yes, it's really a stupid name and BMW (or HP) missed some very important design queues as a supermotard of the Enduro, but this model's secrets and its engine build are truly master class motorbike building.

The one shot I am providing here today is the day of pickup. I have never ridden the machine with the stock exhaust nor stock air intake, I sold those to a bloke in Thailand.
I decided immediately to ride away with a Wunderlich intake pipe for breathing and a Japanese Sasaki full titanium exhaust for exhaustion.

Here you will see just the initial titanium colouring from a test startup in the shop. Later photos show the fuller rainbow effect after many thousands of kilometres of riding.
Note the Japanese have a wild sense of sexualisation with the beautifully shaped female form in the longer header pipes bent inward and then down from the heads;
a nice way to keep initial exhaust velocity up longer before hitting the cross member pipe.

Wow, best bike I have ever ridden. A keeper, like it a lot.

Thank you, Enjoy.

MessagePosté le: Mer 4 Avr - 10:28 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
HP2MM
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mer 4 Avr - 10:46 (2018)    Sujet du message: Sickophant - BMW 2007 HP2 MegaMoto - Australia Répondre en citant

Hello,
Thank you for your presentation Okay

The Mega is a fine bike, true, named here as MM Mr. Green

I'm happy you enjoy it a lot.

This forum is 99,99% french speaking, you can translate with google.
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mer 4 Avr - 10:54 (2018)    Sujet du message: Re: Sickophant - BMW 2007 HP2 MegaMoto - Australia Répondre en citant

Sickophant a écrit:
I decided immediately to ride away with a Wunderlich intake pipe for breathing and a Japanese Sasaki full titanium exhaust for exhaustion.

Have you some links and infos for the Sasaki full titanium exhaust ?

MessagePosté le: Mer 4 Avr - 11:33 (2018)    Sujet du message: Sickophant - BMW 2007 HP2 MegaMoto - Australia Répondre en citant

Yeah, sure.

I realised the Akropovic HP2 Enduro system did not fit without modifications and found Sasaki via webike.net; a !GREAT! bunch of blokes in Tokyo.
I made the order, they contacted Sasaki and they then made it up and I had the pipe in Australia within 2 or 3 weeks.
Just use their bike model finder and the Sasaki system will show up.
Webike are super easy to deal with and Sasaki have obviously kept their pipe jig and build so extremely accurately.
This pipe is awesome.

Bolted straight on. Full sensor mounts, no mucking about.

It does have one design flaw. At exactly 60km/h in 4th gear there is a reverberation through the bike.
I have estimated that a missed mid-mount position on the Sasaki for under the engine has left a longer length of un-tethered pipe without anchor and sympathetic vibrations
must be the result, but exactly only at 60km/h in 4th.
I quickly got used to this though.

The build quality is top-shelf and the sound of this bike passing by is that of an absolute animal;
But! at low speeds, heading back late in the deep dark of night, it does not annoy the neighbours as it is strictly built to the Japanese 92db regulations ...
and therefore also does not have a removable baffle for the hoons.
But believe me, when giving this motor fang the pipes certainly open up and reveal that incredible big-block boxer to Folk nearby, terrifying car drivers
with their windows down (Yeah!).

Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mer 4 Avr - 11:46 (2018)    Sujet du message: Sickophant - BMW 2007 HP2 MegaMoto - Australia Répondre en citant

you should copy the second link for the pics

Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mer 4 Avr - 11:52 (2018)    Sujet du message: Sickophant - BMW 2007 HP2 MegaMoto - Australia Répondre en citant

Sickophant a écrit:
I realised the Akropovic HP2 Enduro system did not fit without modifications

not true if you buy the complete system, header & pipe

MessagePosté le: Mer 4 Avr - 12:16 (2018)    Sujet du message: Sickophant - BMW 2007 HP2 MegaMoto - Australia Répondre en citant

HP2MM a écrit:
Sickophant a écrit:
I realised the Akropovic HP2 Enduro system did not fit without modifications

not true if you buy the complete system, header & pipe

Oh well, everyone's using Akropovic (snore) and I wasn't going to bonus them with a second pipe sale for the same bike.
Why am I buying another pipe from Akropovic, why didn't they just build it right in the first place?
Spread it around, I say.

Besides, I could not be happier than with what I chose, very suitably aggressive and very unique. Quiet for the neighbours and powerfully terrifying out in the battlezones of city traffic.

I only found Sasaki because I stumbled across a bike sale YouTube video of a MegaMoto for sale in Japan and wondered what the pipe was in the video and followed the clues to get to Webike.

The woman's shape caught my interest, the headers' shape is drool. And watching the titanium pipe rainbow morph depending on long haul biking versus city biking and the purples and blues
and particularly the yellows and greens appear and disappear and move up and down from ride to ride, etc ... all moving around depending on the ride style,
the bike's alive as if the alternative lifeform that it is;
that womanly shape is changing her clothes every time I mount her.

And, second URL, got it!

Good night, thanks for saying gidday. Dave.
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mer 4 Avr - 12:26 (2018)    Sujet du message: Sickophant - BMW 2007 HP2 MegaMoto - Australia Répondre en citant

Good night Dave,

yes, Titanium is fine Okay

MessagePosté le: Mer 4 Avr - 12:30 (2018)    Sujet du message: Sickophant - BMW 2007 HP2 MegaMoto - Australia Répondre en citant

Nice.

MessagePosté le: Mer 4 Avr - 12:46 (2018)    Sujet du message: Sickophant - BMW 2007 HP2 MegaMoto - Australia Répondre en citant

Yeah so, writing above about that video where I discovered the Japanese pipe maker I just had to go re-find it.
You may be interested, a well behaved Japanese technician riding around a carpark to demonstrate the bike for sale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5U-sAPbhNQ

I spotted the name around 2:23 and did a search. Boom, boom. Sasaki.
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mer 4 Avr - 16:15 (2018)    Sujet du message: Sickophant - BMW 2007 HP2 MegaMoto - Australia Répondre en citant

Okay

what is known about Akrapovic is that they test their products on a Dyno during elaboration for
a max performance.

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 16:45 (2018)    Sujet du message: Sickophant - BMW 2007 HP2 MegaMoto - Australia

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Je me la pète en FLAT-BMW Index du Forum -> Welcome -> Je me présente Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation